Monday, April 30, 2012

Beyonce Tops List of Odd Celeb Moms

Many women shudder at the thought of putting on high heels when they're with child. Not Beyonce.

In the latest issue of People magazine (the one that named her the world's most beautiful woman), the pop star and new mom revealed that she strapped on heels and did her hair before giving birth to her baby, Blue Ivy, in January.

"I tried my best to roller-set my hair, and I wore my gloss when I arrived at the hospital," she said. "I committed to the end and wore my kitten heels."

The stiletto loving star has since changed. She said her feet are "a lot rougher" since giving birth. She now favors flats, and husband, Jay-Z, approves.

"I never thought there would be a day when I wouldn't wear heels, but now that I have a child and I walk around holding her all day, I'm buying loafers and oxfords," she said. "[Jay-Z] loves when I wear flat shoes, which is surprising -- he never saw me in flats!"

No matter the height of her shoes, Beyonce's staying on top of the trends. Recently, she was spotted carrying Blue Ivy in a gray faux-fur sling that could easily have been mistaken for a stole to match the singer's outfit.

With celebrity moms, outside-the-box habits are the norm. Click through for more on the unconventional ways Hollywood stars are bringing up babies.

"Clueless" actress Alicia Silverstone set a new mark for weird celeb mommy habits when she revealed last month that she not only pre-chews the food for her 11-month-old son, Bear Blu, but she feeds it to him -- from her own mouth.

"I just had a delicious breakfast of miso soup, collards and radish steamed and drizzled with flax oil, cast iron mochi with nori wrapped outside, and some grated daikon. Yum! I fed Bear the mochi and a tiny bit of veggies from the soup ... from my mouth to his. It's his favorite ... and mine," Silverstone wrote on her blog, The Kind Life. "He literally crawls across the room to attack my mouth if I'm eating. This video was taken about a month or 2 ago when he was a bit wobbly. Now he is grabbing my mouth to get the food!"

In the video Silverstone posted, the actress is seen taking a spoonful of food, chewing it, then passing it open-mouthed to her son.

It's not clear when she posted the video or if she was being, well, clueless, about the reaction it would get. Even respondents on her site were divided.

"I find this disgusting," one person wrote.

Another defended Silverstone, writing, "I think you are a brave person by doing what's in your heart."

Suri Cruise, the daughter of Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise, has logged more flight miles in her short five years than most people will in their lifetime. She and her mother recently left their New York apartment by helicopter, and both appeared to be sporting the same shade of red lipstick.

Suri's wardrobe is legendary. It's said to be filled with designer labels and valued in the millions. And now, it seems, she's showing an interest in mommy's makeup. Not so unusual for most little girls? True, but when it comes to Suri, whether she's wearing makeup or kitten heels, sucking on a bottle or a pacifier after age 3, or wearing a designer coat or pajamas to a fancy restaurant, she's sure to make headlines.

From the moment she named her daughter Apple, it was clear Gwyneth Paltrow was not going to follow convention. On her weekly advice newsletter/website, GOOP, and in her cookbook "My Father's Daughter," she waxes poetically about Apple, 7, and her son, Moses, 5.

"Oh, how my heart leaps when I see them munching down kale with brown rice," she wrote in the cookbook about their favorite dish.

Recently, she revealed to Harper's Bazaar that they "all get into the tub together" whenever she's home, causing a minor stir on the Internet.

January Jones recently revealed how she was able to return to the "Mad Men" set just six weeks after giving birth to son Xander: by consuming the placenta she released at birth.

"Your placenta gets dehydrated and made into vitamins," she told People magazine. "It's something I was very hesitant about, but we're the only mammals who don't ingest our own placentas."

She added, "It's not witch-crafty or anything! I suggest it to all moms!"

Though many cried "Ick" on the Internet, it is commonplace to consume the afterbirth in some cultures.

"There is certainly a potential medicinal use," Dr. David Katz, founder of the Yale Prevention Center, said of placentas last year. "It is nutrient-rich and a source of hormones."

Angelina Jolie has to be one of the world's most scrutinized moms, whether she's traveling the world with her brood of six, allowing her daughter Shiloh to dress as a boy, or selling photos of her babies and donating the proceeds to charity. Still, eyebrows were raised last year when reports circulated online that Jolie and partner Brad Pitt spend $10 million a year on their children, half of which goes to private jets.

Doing the math, Forbes.com found that the couple made about $40 million a year, spending 25 percent of their income on their kids.

It's worth nothing that the power couple's spending on their children is in keeping with most Americans, who make and spend a whole lot less.

Source: http://feeds.abcnews.com/click.phdo?i=3e0248208a58eebac63706776e6e2c4e

Ashton Kutcher Eminem Kaka Chris Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment