Friday, April 20, 2012

Nicki Minaj Talks "Shocking" Madonna Kiss, Says "Voice in My Head" Told Her to Quit Twitter

Nicki MinajOptic Photos, PacificCoastNews.com

Some celebrities take career advice from mentors, others model their choices on those of fellow celebs, still others rely on their management team for guidance through the treacherous waters of pop culture. But Nicki Minaj?

Well, she's pinning the blame for her recent headline-grabbing behavior on one person thing only: "the voice in my head."

Hey, it could be worse. She could have said voices.

MORE: Nicki Minaj strolls around London in bondage gear, leaves pants at home

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Adobe's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

This week, while filming her appearance on BBC's Graham Norton Show, airing tonight in the U.K., Minaj addressed her recent up and quitting of Twitter, which she signed off of this week with a flourish, tweeting out in her final social media dispatch, "good f--king bye."

Her reason for doing so?

"A voice in my head told me to delete my Twitter and that's what I did," she explained. "I had 11 million followers and I hope they will wait for me. I reply all the time and get to know them by name and I have a really personal bond with them…not all 11 million, but at least 10 of them a day."

Well, she used to, anyway. But despite her huffy departure, the 29-year-old said we may not heard the last of her 140-character missives.

MORE: Bye-Bye Barbie! Nicki peaces out of Twitter

"I don't know yet, I'm thinking about it," she said when asked whether she'd reactivate her account. "I miss my Barbz, please bear with me."

Meanwhile, she probably could've done with a little instruction from that same head-dwelling voice earlier this year, when she performed at the Super Bowl Halftime Show with Madonna.

The "Roman Reloaded" rapper told the host she was "shocked" when Madonna puckered up during the performance.

"She kissed me but I didn't kiss her," she said. "I wasn't expecting it and I was shocked. I was thinking, 'Is this really happening, why is she doing this?'"

We're pretty sure you don't need a voice in your head to get the answer to that question: because she's Madonna. And she knows how to get press. Which, incidentally, is something Nicki doesn't seem too shabby at herself.

PHOTOS: Fashion Spotlight: Nicki Minaj

Source: http://feeds.eonline.com/~r/eonline/topstories/~3/w0JxWVz5XYo/310348

Katy Perry Rihanna Shakira Britney Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment